Thursday, April 2, 2009

Is Spring Out There?

Today was a great day. The weather was around 70 and the sun was out. It made you hunger to be outdoors. I raked some on the yard and picked up some piles of leaves and pine cones that Adam and myself had raked up earlier in the month. I was getting ready for the first lawn mowing, which I assumed would be just around the corner, since we were having such lovely weather.

I noticed a few buds starting to come out on the daffodils in the back yard. I thought " How great! With this weather those flowers will be bursting out soon." I am so ready for spring to come and move in to stay.

Then, as I ran outside to put the van in the garage, I was really surprised to find it raining. The air already had turned cold again. I listened to the weather when the evening news came on, hoping that it was only a fluke and the weather woman would say, "Get ready for more sunshine," but the dreaded words came out of her mouth, more cold weather on the way. Where in the world is the warm weather fairy? Has she fallen asleep on the job? Hasn't she heard that spring arrived two weeks ago? If she's holding out for more pay, I think I could scrounge something up for a little warmer weather. Gee O Pete, how much cold does she think we can stand? I do believe I have some ice crystals forming in my veins. Well, I tell you what, I haven't lived in northern Ohio for 40 years for nothing. I can hang on for as long as it takes for the warm weather to get here.I will just put it on my list of things to look forward to and then I will be happy when the days arrive. Just remind me of this when it's 100 degrees outside and I am sweating to death and wishing for cooler weather. Warm weather fairy, you better wake up and start doing your job. In this day and age there's always another fairy waiting to get your job.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this certainly solves the mystery of where our warm weather comes from! COME TO US, DEAR FAIRY!! (I really liked the "Gee Oh Pete", ma!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fleas. ;orldf sdfpselmsd ha ha

    h.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in the world is wrong with GOP Gal???!!

    ReplyDelete