Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lunch with the ducks.

Today, Adam and I stopped at McDonald's and got some lunch and decided to go to the park to eat. It's been one of those first fall days, where the temperature is about 70 in the sun, but a stiff wind blowing makes it about 50 in the shade.
We went to the area right beside Becky's old apartment. When we got out of the car and sat at a picnic table, we could look over to the left and see the apt. where she used to live.
As we sat there eating, we saw the ducks across the pond, huddled around a car, quacking at the top of their lungs. Soon, the car left, and the ducks looked around and saw us at the table, so they jumped in the pond and began swimming toward us as fast as they could. Two of them waddled up the bank toward us, and Adam threw a part of his bun on the ground in front of us. The ducks had a great time gobbling it down.
As we sat there enjoying the day and watching the ducks, I suddenly grew so sad, and my eyes filled with tears, thinking of Becky. I told Adam, that it wasn't fair that she couldn't be there to enjoy the day with us, for it was the kind of day she loved. I hope heaven has beautiful fall days for her to enjoy. I will always consider those ducks, hers, for she had to put up with them for all the years she lived in that apt.
So many things thru out the day remind me of her. She was so much a part of us that I can't get thru the hours without thinking of her. I'm thinking of all the things that she won't be doing down here and not the things she may be doing up there. Things have slowed down a little and so now the dark clouds have time to gather . I am just waiting for time to pass in hopes that the pain will lessen with it's passing, for I know it will never be completely gone. Still I am thankful for the time we had together and proud she was my daughter.My love for you will always be the same Becky, no matter what side of life you are on. With the deepest love, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment