Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thoughts on a polka dot.

Tonight I feel like a polka dot. A polka dot is one small dot in a pattern on a piece of material or a printed document. When you look at the pattern you can see all the polka dots, but to pick out one specific dot would be very difficult.

You can get buried real deep in a polka dot pattern and never be noticed. You look like all the other polka dots and have very little significance to anyone.

To be noticed in a polka dot pattern you have to be different from all the other polka dots. For instance if you were a blue polka dot in a black pattern, you surely would be noticed.

Many times I wished I could be a blue polka dot but I've always been a black polka dot. Sometimes that is a good thing, but at other times you have a great desire to be different.

So, if being a black polka dot is my lot in life, then I must bear it. I will faithfully keep my place in the pattern until it is my time to go to the great polka dot place in the sky. And then, when I am gone, I will be a blue polka dot, for there will be a vacant place in the pattern and people will easily recognize my place and say, "There's a polka dot gone from that spot". If that don't make you blue, then nothing will.

Goodnight to all you fellow black polka dots out there. "I" know you're out there.

1 comment:

  1. I think I might should be worried about you a bit after this blog. And by the way...you are neither a black nor blue polka dot. You are psychedelic pink if ever I've seen one...

    Luv U

    ReplyDelete