Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good Growing Times

When I planted my little garden this year, I asked God to bless it and told Him, I would try my best to not let any of it go to ruin. Be careful what you tell God.

Since I got 8 tomato plants that were the little Roma's, I figured I would not get much juice, which is what I was out of. One of my friends at church had a really good tomato year and ended up giving me enough tomatoes to can about 30 qts. It still didn't look like I would get much of a crop from my garden. Then we went on vacation for 9 days, and when I got home, walaaaaaa! Tomatoes galore. I have canned tomatoes until I am tired of them. But I told God!!!!!!!!!!.

I went out last week and picked everything left in the garden that was ripe because we had a frost warning for that night. It did come a big frost during the night. But we were having our ladies retreat on Sat. and I had a million things to do for it. So the 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes and the 4 heads of cabbage and the huge bucket of carrots had to be put on hold.

All I have left is the tomatoes, which are in two cookers on the stove, and will be juiced when they are done cooking, and one very large head of cabbage. I had to throw out a few tomatoes but I have saved most all of the produce and can feel that I didn't let God down.

I am sure these things will taste very, very good this winter when the cold winds blow and we are snowed in, but today I do not like tomatoes or cabbage. Hopefully, by tomorrow I will have everything canned or frozen for this year.

Next year, Lord, I don't think I want a garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment