Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween 2010

Tonight was Trick-or-Treat in Shelby. Usually Becky and I give out the candy. We put chairs outside and don our coats and take blankets to wrap ar0und us, and sit and wait on the kids to come and ask for candy.
This year, Adam stayed with me for about thirty minutes. I put a jack-o-lantern that he had carved outside and put a votive with a lighted candle in it, inside the pumpkin, also I had a little pumpkin that took a battery, and lit up, a ceramic scarecrow holding a pumpkin that I put a candle in, some fall leaves, and the fall bouquet that liz and Grady got for us when Becky died, a stuffed scarecrow and a paper macrame pumpkin, and put them all outside on the stoop. It looked quite halloweeney. We dressed Daisy in her "Drama Queen" shirt and put a little straw hat on her head. She was real cute.
When Adam left at 6:30, we hadn't had one trick or treater. After he left I had about 10 kids come.
Then I carried everything back inside and Trick-or-Treat was over for another year. It Stunk. I did not enjoy it at all. Halloween was never my favorite holiday, but Becky and i had a good time giving out the treats to the little kids, then we always spent time together talking about the cute costumes we had seen. Such a little thing shared with someone could bring a happy feeling. I think happy feelings are over.
One life to share things with. I knew she would always be by my side. How much it hurts to lose that closeness. To never have known that closeness would be harder than the loneliness you get when it's gone, so, thanks Beck, for being my best friend. You are missed.
Love, mom

No comments:

Post a Comment