Thursday, August 27, 2009

Vacation with a Hurricane

We are leaving for Hilton Head next Friday on our vacation. We have waited all summer for our vacation and we really need it. The girls have been working on that project and nothing has gone right with it. They even extended it until Labor Day weekend because things have gone so bad. Of course that is the week we are going to be gone. They will just have to do without Becky and Heather that week, anyway as bad as things are going the job will probably still be going on when they get back. I am working as hard as I can to get all my sewing done before we leave but alas I also have hit a wall of problems. I do have three of the wedding dresses finished but I still have three more to go and two of them are trouble. I also have a prom dress to be repaired and five pairs of pants to hem. So we are really, really looking forward to our vacation.
Now we knew that the hurricane season is going on but for heavens sake, two of them in two weeks. Do they not know where Hilton Head is? Right on the Atlantic Ocean. And of course, the hurricanes have to make a show of themselves and blow right along the coastline when they are out there trying to prove how big they are. Well we have news for them, they can share our vacation with us, for we are going to Hilton Head next week come hurricane or high water. As hectic as life has been this summer a hurricane will just seem like another day to us. I bet we could even take a walk on the beach with the hurricane blowing along beside us. Can't you just see us now, walking along with our hair blowing straight up in the air or whipping around our faces. I bet we would think it quite funny. (Can you laugh out loud if you are out in hurricane winds? ) Well perhaps it will just be a plain ole dull vacation with lots of sunshine and nice weather but that's not going to stop us, as I said before, we are still going.
So, look out Hilton Head, here come the Browns and we are going to have a good time no matter what. If you happen to hear about 4 crazy women out on the beach (we are taking my sister with us) while a great wind was blowing, you can say to yourself, I bet they are having fun because they are on vacation!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya Mammy! A little old hurricane is NOTHING compared to what we've been through in the past couple weeks. Hilton Head, here we come!

    ReplyDelete