Thursday, June 4, 2009

Workin'

It is already June. Adam and I have worked liked dogs ( where did that phrase come from? And what exactly does it mean? I have never seen a dog work so I don't know if it's good or bad to say that,but I've heard it all my life and when someone says it, everyone knows exactly what they mean, so I'll just go along with it) and we still don't have everything done. As a matter of fact the more we do, the more we seem to have left to do.
Adam starts work Monday so I only have 2 more days to get as much out of him as I can. We planted some of the garden last week and we have beans and radishes and green onions up. We are much later than those of you in Ky. when it comes to our gardens. It was only 50 degrees today up here. It may have stunted the growth of the plants. I think tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer.
We are going to plant more beans and onions and probably radishes too, next week. We are not very knowledgeable in our gardening skills, but we are doing OK for a couple of novices. Someone told us ashes were very good for your plants so Adam went out today and flung the ashes from the fireplace on the garden. The garden is a little grey looking now. Adam thinks the ashes will blend in with the ground after a few days.
We also planted grass seed around "Belinda" today. We went out to a farm and bought a bale of straw and spread some on the grass seed and watered it down. Looks good to us. There was a bird hoppin' around the yard after we were done. He must have thought we did a good job too!
We went to 'Menards' and bought 10 more bricks to finish the trim around the flower beds we had started and more mulch, so tomorrow we can finish those jobs.
We, or perhaps I should say I, still have several projects to do , to say I have the outside work done. Like, I only trimmed half the hedges, and I still need to get all the weeds out of the pool spot, but I guess it will give me something to do when Adam goes to work.
All in all, I'd say that Adam and I should be proud of ourselves for all the things we accomplished in May. He really helped lighten my load this spring. Glad God gave him to me.

1 comment:

  1. Got the place lookin' good, Ma! Belinda seems very happy in her new home!

    ReplyDelete