Saturday, June 20, 2009

THE BAD AND GOOD SEED

I watched the movie, "The Bad Seed" tonight. It really freaks me out to watch this show. Don't know why I do. It's about an adopted woman whose little girl kills people who don't do what she wants them to. The woman discovers her real mother was a murderer, who killed 8 people herself, and so the adopted woman thinks she passed her 'bad seed' to her child. The woman loves her child so much that she promises to not let anyone hurt her. She gives the child a bunch of sleeping pills and when she falls asleep, the woman takes a gun and shoots herself. The neighbors hear the shoot and go rushing in and of course, they save the little girl.( In this version the woman survives and the plight of the little girl has a strange ending, another version I've seen the parent dies) At any rate it's a freaky show but It made me think about seeds.
Worked outside all day today. Since it rained all week, had to get the grass mowed. My neighbors are on a cruise and I sowed some good seed and told them I would mow their lawn while they were gone. So I mowed for a loooong time. I thought, people, if someone hadn't sown grass seed on this piece of ground I live on , I wouldn't have a numb posterior for a hour or two.
Then Adam and myself, edged all the walks around my house. Have you ever seen the walks around my house? There is lots and lots of concrete around my house. If there were never any grass seed put around those walks, I wouldn't have to spend lots of hours edging.
After many hours working on the yard and all the projects associated with grass seed, I decided to go look at the garden. My, Oh, My the weeds that have sprung up in my garden. Now, I have planted beans, radishes cabbage, onions, dill, parsley, cantaloupe, zucchini, and other things in my garden, and I had to go pay for seeds (or plants) to have these things grow, but I never and I do mean never have planted weed seeds. I do not want weeds in the garden. Where have these seeds come from? I think they truly are "Bad Seeds". So I spent as much time as my back would allow to hoe these 'bad seeds' from the garden. Why are bad seeds free and good seeds cost money? This is a question I would like answered.Since this is Saturday, I will have to go out Monday and hoe some more on the bad seeds or they will take over the good seeds.
After working in the garden for a long as I could stand it, I rested for a while and then I walked out front. We had put down some bricks around the front of the house and I wanted to see how things looked , after the lawn had been mowed and the walks edged, to see if the new bricks could be seen better. I spied the new tree we had planted and saw how big the new grass was getting that we had planted around the tree, so I went to find my grass shears, and I cut the new grass a little, but not too much, for I don't want it to die after I spent all that time planting the grass seed.
It is the end of the day and I am really, really tired. I made a dish of macaroni salad as we are planning on grilling hot dogs for fathers day. Guess what one of the ingredients was. Celery Seed.
I am going to take a shower and go to bed. I never thought seeds were dangerous, but after spending the whole day working because of seeds, I can tell you, BEWARE! SEEDS CAN KILL YOU.
HAVE A GREAT FATHER'S DAY ALL YOU DADS, AND ENJOY ALL THE SEEDS OF LOVE THAT WILL BE COMING YOUR WAY.

2 comments:

  1. You're right Ma...another masterpiece

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we didn't have seeds, we'd never get any canned beans!

    ReplyDelete