Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lost and Found

I am a little tired tonight. Mostly because I stayed up until 4:00 last night. I have an appointment to see a financial advisor tomorrow and he told me to bring my copies of my IRA forms I had taken out 7 years ago.
Now, I haven't thought about those papers for a long time. I thought I had all my important papers in my fireproof box but when I looked there, no papers! I thought I would go to bed as it was 1:30 and look for them in the morning. But as I lay there trying to go to sleep, my mind would not shut down and I kept thinking of where I may have put them to keep them safe.
All of a sudden, I thought I knew where I had put them, so I got out of bed to look. Not there. So, now I am wide awake and figured I might as well search for a little while. I can sleep in for a while in the morning.
I searched thru all the files in the file cabinet, no papers there. I dug thru the closet and that was no easy job, but did not turn up any papers there either. I did find my old fireproof box. The lid will not stay shut without locking it, so I looked for the keys to open it. I shook the box and heard something move in there.I just knew that this is the place I stuck them to keep them safe. Now you must understand that I know for a fact that they are in the house somewhere for I never throw anything away.
I have keep those keys in a little jewel box on the shelf of my dresser ever since I got the box. They are not there! Now I remember, I put them somewhere else several months ago to "keep them safe". I looked for 2 hours for those keys. Finally, exhausted, I went to bed. I figured I had worn my brain out trying to think where I had put those keys.
I must stop trying to keep my things "safe" because I can never find anything anymore. When I got up this morning I continued my search for a hour or more. Suddenly I remembered I had filed some things in the drawers of the computer desk. I looked there, and all I can say is 'God is Good' for there they were.
I still don't know where the keys to the fireproof box are, but I will run across them some day. I only hope I don't need whatever is inside there until I do. I'm sure they are guaranteed to be safe though.
This is an every day occurrence for me anymore.I am getting tired of searching for hours for things that I know are in this house. I really need a smaller house so I don't have to search such a big area.
You know, of all the things I've lost lately, I think I miss my mind the most.

1 comment:

  1. I personally can attest to the fact that she never throws anything away. I don't know what we'll do if something ever happens to her. We'll probably have to just torch the place!

    ReplyDelete